Pages

*sigh* Why do I do this?!

Here we go again. I actually said that phrase in the grocery store today. I was approaching the egg section and loudly said the words, "Here we go again."

I didnt realize there was this person nearby who gave me a look. He gave me this look because he wondered who the heck I could possibly be talking to, and in truth it was to no one but myself. Now, one might ask themselves why I said this to myself while approaching the egg section in the grocery store. I'll tell you. It was because I am once again trying to eat right. And every time I try to get a healthy diet it always includes buying eggs.

Eggs and I have a very strange relationship. I like them. But I only like them when they've been cooked appropriately, and by appropriately I mean there is nothing left in the part you are supposed to eat that is not rubbery, hard, stringing, discolored, chewy, or any number of unpleasant additives that could go here.

But even so, every time I resolve to eat right I buy eggs and the reason for this is because growing up, whenever my mother was "eating right" on her weight watchers diet she always had eggs in the morning. Supposivly they're good for you and they're filling.

However, here's my problem with this. I decide to eat right in the moment. And eggs dont stay fresh forever. Sure sometimes they can last awhile I guess, but with me i'm ALWAYS paranoid that im gonna crack open an egg into a frieing pan and have it be the egg that had been waiting so long that now its... I dont even know. I dont even know what could be horrible.

I just know that im always a little paranoid when I crack open an egg. Like, a few times its had blood in there which is gross. And people say, oh thats just because it was fertile, or something. But I wanna be like WHAT THE HECK! Are you saying some day I might crack open an egg and theres gonna be a partcially developed chicken embrio in there?!? GROSS!!!!

Thats like something from my nightmares. Seriously.

ANYWAYS!

So now its official! I'm trying to eat right. When I got home one of the first things I did was throw away all my old eggs. Which is hard for me. If you know me you know I hate to throw away things that could have been eaten, but the risk was just too great. So I replaced said eggs with some new ones who, I am pleased to say, made them all home save and sound. I hate it when I get home and theirs a broken one.

Gah! What if that happened and when I opened the carton theres a squishy little chick carcass inside! Gross.

The GROSSED OUT End.

0 comments:

Post a Comment