Pages

Baby i'm back! And what we do for the golden arches!

Okay first off I will say i'm very sorry for my absent writing for so long. I'm sure you've all missed me and I have missed all of you too, especially YOU *points*! :)

I'm going to write about a very serious issue now and I hope you will all follow and read along with as much intellect as I put into this particular set of musing.

NEWAYS

Everyone says that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well okay maybe not everyone but a lot of the important people in society say so, namely those who have stock in the breakfast trade, personal trainers, weight watcher people... ya know the story...

Well I have to admit breakfast might be the most important meal of the day for me but I certainly am not very good at making it so. Most of the time im lucky enough to remember to take my medication and put on deodorant let alone make something to nourish my tummy.

However there is one except to the rule where breakfast becomes absolutely crucial to me and to every one else it seems who has the golden arches on the brain. I'm talking about morning rush at McDonald's.

I like to think of myself as an expert of the McDonald's breakfast menu. I know whats good, I know whats gross, and I know whats worth your buck. After all no one wants to pay too much for a glass of Orange Juice do you? (Btw, Last I checked Burger King gives you a carton of Orange Juice so even though the food is basically just as good and the hash brown is the same only divided up into bight size portions, I never go there.)

ANYWAYS,

McDonald's, in the morning. Yes. Any other time, No!

If you go between six-eight in the morning you can pretty much guess you'll be in and out just fine, which is to say if you're going to a typical one. IF you're going to MY McDonald's then you know you've got before seven and thats it before the entire parking lot and the block surrounding it becomes bumper to bumper traffic jam. And the craziest thing i've noticed about this is how when one gets into said traffic jam they are the ONLY person that matters. Everyone else can just go... away because the mentality is "Me and my Mcmuffin!"

If you dont believe me just try to cut someone off in the drive through. You think you've seen an angry house mother before you just keep her from her morning hashbrown and you'll wish you'd had toast at home that way.

BTW, is it hashbrown or hashbrowns? After all it is one wedge of greasy fried potato. Wouldnt the word be singular?

AAAAAAnyways.

The other day I was pulling into the early morning traffic jam of Mcidee's (spcheck?) when my mother called. So instead of just pulling forward I pulled into a parking spot only to realize what a huge mistake that was since instantly I got blocked in. For a second I was in panic mode. So much so infact that I cut the conversation short and started to do the whole "I'm going to back up now" dance. This dance for those who dont know is when you put your car in reverse, turn your head all the way around on your neck, and proceed to just look like you're going to do it no matter whose coming, but then pound on your breaks at the last second.

Well, behind me this really nice guy saw my dance and he stopped, giving me more than enough room to get out. I was then going to go all the way around the building to get into the back of the line when a thought came to me. I had enough room there to just go ahead and get into the line! I mean I could cut! I'd practically be at the window! Now, I am not the type of person who cuts lines. My mother didnt raise me to be so crude, however the morning rush of "Me and my McMuffin" got into my brain and I almost did it.

It was my humanity and devotion to god that stopped me, thats all I can say. Because no sooner did I think about it did I decide not to. (Also i'm pretty much a coward when it comes to confrontation.)

So, I drove all the way around the building and got in the back of the line. Not five minutes later I saw another woman in the same spot and the same predicament and I had been earlier and I thought i'd show the same courtesy to her as the young man had bestowed upon me. I stopped and even with a wave of my hand indicated for her to go.

The woman waved at me, turned her wheel... and CUT THE LINE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!

I'll tell you. There is nothing people wont do for their breakfast at McDonald's it seems. And I think that says something about people in general. Dont you?

The McMuffin-less End.


0 comments:

Post a Comment